Netflix Review- The Keepers

Jacqueline Tinga, WHS Editor

The Keepers is a Netflix documentary series following two former students of Baltimore’s Archbishop Keough High School. These students start their own investigation of their teacher, Sister Catherine Cesnik, who disappeared and was found murdered. However, when conducting their search for an answer to what happened to their beloved teacher, they uncover many horrifying details of the true story.

The story is absolutely fascinating, yet it is also so terrifying. I was on my feet the entire time watching and listening because it was so intriguing. From start to end, this documentary was very clean in its presentation. The series also felt so genuine as if the viewer could feel the emotions of the interviewees.

Overall, I’d say that this documentary was one of the best that I’ve ever seen. I loved how the pieces of the puzzle fit together throughout the episodes. At first, the viewer didn’t know anything but the basic statement that Sister Catherine Cesnik had gone missing. During the course of the series, the viewer gains more knowledge about what was really going on and why she disappeared. Then, in the final episode, everything clicks. It truly is a fascinating experience.

When I first started the series, I did not think that it would go where it did. I was not expecting to hear such dark things that happened within that sort of community. However, I did understand that I would be a witness to anything, and everything in that documentary was hard to hear.

10/10 would recommend.

Rest in peace Sister Catherine Cesnik.