The student news site of Williston High School

The WHS Howl

The WHS Howl

The WHS Howl

WHS Wind Ensemble

Today I interviewed two band members at WHS. Anika Grunenwald and Eleanor Stendberg. Asking them questions about our WHS senior/junior Wind Ensemble. Both of them are Juniors in the Wind Ensemble. They started playing band in the sixth grade with Mrs. Stepin. A. Gruenwald plays the oboe for concert band and the bass drum for pep. E. Stenberg plays percussion for both concert and pep. Right now the Wind Ensemble is preparing for their next concert on February 25th. Wind Ensemble has four to five concerts a year and two pep band performances in the parade. At a lot of the sporting events we have a pep band playing, you can even see the band at some cross country meets! 

Their concert in February has four very complicated and beautiful pieces they are playing, all of the pieces are over grade four. A. Gruenwald’s favorite piece is Spirit of the Dauntless because the high wind section has most of the melody which is unusual for our band. Wind ensemble has a very amazing and passionate teacher, his name is Mr. Bisbee. E. Stendberg loves having him as her teacher because he knows how to individually push you to play well. Mr. Bisbee is very good at fixing any instrument but also knowing how to play all of them. Our most fun concert of the year is Band O Rama so please come join us in March in the Phill Jackson gym!