WHS STUCO

Photo Credit: A. Scallon

Photo Credit: A. Scallon

Anna Scallon, WHS Reporter

WHS Student Council

Are you interested in making WHS a better place? Well STUCO might be for you. Student council does a wide variety of things throughout the year. The club plans homecoming, the floats, the dress up days, tailgating, king and queen elections, and any events going on throughout the week. They also do Christmas for Kids and Christmas Kindness fundraising, which brightens lives all over Williston.  They also take a trip to Bismarck the state convention- which is a blast for anyone attending, you also have the opportunity to run for a state office position.

STUCO also does rose sales for Valentine’s Day, which spreads love throughout the school. One of the best parts about Student Council is the unplanned events throughout the year; if something arises that needs a donation, they can put together a school activity and try and raise money. This year the group raised money and awareness for the Pippenger family and the Alzheimer’s Association of North Dakota.

Student Council also teaches some amazing life skills. Fundraising throughout the community teaches people and professional skills. Planning events teach you organization, budgeting, and time management. If you’re interested in sharpening your leadership skills or maybe learning some new ones- STUCO could be for you. Check it out in Mrs. Olson’s room or talk to one of the Presidents or Vice-Presidents- Alyx Fisketjon, Hayden Kemp, Maggie Borseth, Anna Scallon, or Olivia Wiedrich.